Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Why Neutrals?

The decor here at Ingleside is extremely neutral. Besides the peace and calm that a soft palette brings, it allows me to make small, simple, often free changes just by adding (or highlighting) a pop of color in a few places to change the whole feeling of a room. These pictures are from our den, and inspired by a beautiful magazine cover I received in the mail full of warm summery corals, I played up that ultra-warm color story in the following ways:
I often keep this tray full of pictures on our coffee table, so all I did was go through and pull out a few pics that had the warm sunset glow I was after, and put them on top of the stack.
Free flowers from the yard brought a touch of natural warmth right next to the magazine that was my inspiration piece.
And I brought out a nice melon colored candle (one of my favorite changeable accessories because it's consumable) for the coffee table.
Just these few touches instantly warmed up the den for summer last year. And because they were so simple and cheap/free I could change out the accent color story in a wink every week or two to keep things fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment